Poole Housing Partnership Ltd
Emergency out of hours helpline 0800 50 60 50
RSS Feed A-Z of Services


When a property becomes empty we will inspect the property to see if repairs are needed and to decide if any rooms require decorating.

A voucher will be given to you for all of the decorating requirements considered necessary.  A Voids Officer will decide on the value of the decorating voucher to be issued.

Your own improvements

The internal decoration of a property is your responsibility.  There may be occasions when you wish to carry out further improvements to your home which requires permission, however, you may be required to return the property to its original condition or be recharged by us if you decide to move. 

Should you wish to carry out improvements you should apply for an application form which is to be returned to your area property inspector for approval.  Until you have received written approval from a representative of Poole Housing Partnership you may not carry out improvements. Please contact our Repairs Helpdesk, see the contact details on the right of this page. 

Home improvements

You are allowed to improve your home as long as you follow as few basic rules:

  • Obtain written permission from Poole Housing Partnership before starting work

  • Include full details with a drawing or plan if possible

  • Obtain beforehand the necessary Planning Permission or Building Regulation approval

We will write to you to let you know if you have permission to go ahead with the proposed improvements.  Do not start any work until you get this permission together with any other approvals that may be required.



Contact Us

Contact icon
Repairs Helpdesk
Phone icon
0800 6523900
Go to...