Job Vacancies available at MD Group. Find out more and
how to apply here.
We hope that you would have seen in our summer edition of At Home magazine, that we have appointed MD Group as the new Response Repairs contractor with effect from 1st August 2019.
We know how important a good response repairs service is to residents, however, as you can understand, with any major contract change there will be a period of adjustment.
With this in mind, we would advise that we will only be concentrating on emergency repairs until 19th August. However, MD Group has already started to contact residents to make appointments for non-emergency repairs.
Emergency repairs include:
- A serious pipe leak causing serious damage
- A blockage where raw sewerage is overflowing into a home
- Electrical faults where there is a danger of fire or injury
- A dangerous structure which could collapse
- A front door which needs to be made safe after a break in
- Broken glass in a front door or ground floor or ground floor window (make safe only)
- Blocked toilet pan
- No electricity supply
- No mains water supply
- Dangerous or exposed wires
- A toilet which cannot be used (if there is only one toilet in the property)
- No lights in your property (you are responsible for replacing fuses and bulbs)
- An uncontrolled water burst (if cutting of the supply does not control the leak)
- A severe leak through the roof
- Anything relating to your gas supply
Please contact us as usual to report a repair, either:
Online: Report A Repair
Email: Repairs Helpdesk
Telephone: 0800 652 3900
If you are experiencing any issues or have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
It is important that you understand who you allow into your home, so please take the time to read the leaflet from MD Group and remember to always ask contractors to show you their ID.
We are delighted to be working in partnership with MD Group to continue delivering a quality repairs service.
Why have we changed?
As the contract for Response Repairs, Voids, Disabled Adaptations, Minor Package Works & Planned Electrical Upgrades was coming to an end, we were required to put this out for re-tender. Spectrum Property Care Ltd had already advised that due to their own internal organisation restructure, they would not be tendering for the work, so a change in contractor was inevitable.
Following a rigorous selection process which involved PHP residents, MD Group was chosen. They work with similar sized ALMOs and have a strong focus on providing excellent customer care.