Stay Put Policy
Following the extensive fire safety works which PHP has undertaken, including removal of the existing cladding system. From Monday 13th September 2021, Sterte Court has reverted to the original Stay Put policy. This means:
- The building is designed to contain a fire in the flat where it starts
- The sprinkler system will activate in the event of a fire
- It will usually be safe for residents to stay in their flat if the fire is elsewhere in the building
- However, residents must leave immediately if smoke or heat affects their home, or if they are told to leave by the fire service
Further information and posters will be displayed in communal areas.
If you have any queries or concerns, please call Mark Dearing, PHP’s Fire & Safety Officer, on 07824 521301 or 01202 128430. Or Marie Marsh, PHP Resident Liaison Officer, on 01202 126189.
The sprinkler system has been fully operational since 12th July 2021, and will provide valuable fire suppression throughout the two high-rise blocks at Sterte.
The regional manager and local crews from Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue were invited to see the sprinkler system shortly before it went live and their response was positive! PHP has communicated with them throughout the installation and they have provided comments on the design and operation.
August 2022 update
BCP Homes would like to thank residents who provided ideas for potential neighbourhood improvements to celebrate the end of the cladding works.
The ideas provided by residents are as follows:
- Removing the boat in the car park which has fallen into disrepair and replacing it with a boulder(s), a durable sculpture, or piece of art
- Additional seating where the cable gantry area is currently located
- Additional raised beds for planting where the cable gantry area is located
- Allocating a patch of grass for planting wild flowers
- Civic art sculptures celebrating Holes Bay area
- Vegetable patch for residents to use
- A low-level pond
- A fitness equipment area for residents to use
Unfortunately, some of the ideas, such as the low-level pond and outdoor gym, will not be feasible due to health and safety risks and cost of installation. However, we would like to hear which options you prefer from numbers 1 to 6.
Please contact Mark Sloane, BCP Homes Resident Liaison Officer, at: email@example.com or call 07917 691434 by Friday 19 August 2022.
We want to take your ideas forward with your input. So, if you would like to be part of a small group of residents who will help carry out the preferred neighbourhood improvement(s), please let us know.
Keeping residents and contractors safe during this time is our top priority. UL will ensure they take every possible step to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
The Covid-19 guidance and safe systems of work they have developed are extensive. Please see a brief summary of key actions implemented below:
- Mandatory social distancing with sites appropriately marked out
- Appropriate PPE, including extensive PPE when social distancing can’t be achieved
- Enhanced cleaning regimes
- Enhanced welfare and washing facilities
- Staggered use of facilities during break times with a rota system
- Restrictions on travel to and from site
- Additional welfare supervisors
The procedures will be continually monitored and reviewed in line with current government guidance.
is the UL Resident Liaison Officer
(RLO) and will support you before, during and after the work.
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact Julie on 0800 988 2039 or 07870 678826.
Alternatively you can contact Mark, PHP's Resident Liaison Officer for Sterte.
You can call Mark on 01202 128446 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.