Protect your family, your home and your neighbours
Ensuring you are safe in your home is a top priority for PHP!
We periodically carry out electrical safety checks to ensure the electrical system to your home is safe for you to use.
What you can expect at your electrical inspection:
- The inspection takes approximately 3 hours to complete
- Someone over the age of 18 must be at home while our contractors carry out the inspection
- Your power supply will need to be turned off for a short period of time
- The electricians will need access to all rooms in your home, and if any outhouses/sheds have power these will need to be inspected too
- If any additional works are required to bring your home in line with regulations, this may be carried out on the day or a new appointment will be made
Wessex Electricals or MD Group will contact you to make an appointment and we would ask you to keep this where possible. If you do need to rearrange, please call them directly. It is very important that the inspection is carried out to ensure continued safety in your home.
If you wish to make any additions/alterations to your electrical installation, this must be requested through our alterations team. You can request an Alterations Form online at: https://bit.ly/32huZBu or call our Customer Services Team on 0800 652 3900. We will ask that any works are certificated by a qualified, registered electrician, and we will also require a copy of the installation certificates once complete.
All electricians are NICEIC registered.
Try Electrical Safety First's overload calculator below to see
if you’re exceeding the maximum load!
Hints & Tips
Ensure that plugs and sockets are not damaged
Check that visible cables and leads are in good condition
Check that your light fittings are not visibly damaged and that down lighters are in good working condition
Check that you are not storing combustible materials around your fuse box, electricity meter or electrical intake
Don't use the top of the microwave for extra storage
Never trail cables under carpets or rugs
Never take mains-powered electrical items into the bathroom
Always switch off your electrical items when they are not in use