Removing and recycling your household rubbish
Full details on waste and recycling services across BCP Council can be found in the information booklet in the related documents on the right.
As a minimum, all PHP residents should have access to the following at their address:
- A Blue bin for household waste that can be recycled. Paper, plastic bottles, plastic food packaging, cardboard, food and drinks cartons, cans and glass can all be recycled using the blue bin.
- A Black bin for waste that cannot be recycled or composted.
Bulky waste disposal
Households can dispose of bulky items free of charge at the Household Waste Recycling Centre, 92-98 Nuffield Road, Poole, BH17 0RS. You will need to bring your Council Tax bill or other recent proof of Poole residency with you every time you visit the site.
Opening times and further details can be found here.
The following list sets out the type of waste you can take to the tip.
Please note there will be charge for some items. Check here for more details.
Bulky waste collection
BCP Council operate a bulky household waste collection service for a small charge, if you are unable to visit Household Waste Recycling Centre. This service is only available to Poole residents. Contact them on 01202 261700 for more details.
Please note they are unable to collect and dispose of:
- anything that can't be carried by 2 people
- anything over 3 metres long
- asbestos, chemicals, oils, fuel
- waste from DIY projects
- gas canisters
- tyres, vehicle parts, trailers
- soil or rubble
- garden waste, bagged or loose
- clinical waste
- items that have been left outside and are wet
- bags of normal household waste
Illegal dumping of waste and fly tipping
Illegal fly tipping causes nuisance and annoyance to other residents in the locality. Fly tip refers to waste that is disposed of inappropriately which can include:
- leaving large household items such as old sofas and fridges in bin areas or areas near your property
- placing black bin bags on balconies and landings and not placing them in bins provided for that purpose
To dispose of rubbish inappropriately is a breach of your Tenancy Agreement and if PHP has any evidence of such a breach, we are likely to recharge you the costs associated with putting this right. Please note that PHP may choose to commence Court proceedings in the event that this charge remains unpaid.
You can report incidences of illegal fly tip online to BCP Council here, or by contacting PHP on 0800 652 3900.
If you require any further information or have any queries regarding waste and recycling please contact the Estates Team on 01202 264423.