Poole Housing Partnership Ltd
Emergency out of hours helpline 0800 50 60 50
RSS Feed A-Z of Services

Buildings and contents insurance

To obtain a copy of the full insurance policy document, please get in touch using the details shown in the 'Contact Us' panel and we will provide you with one.

We insure the buildings, including the structure of the block where you live. You are responsible for insuring the contents of your home and personal belongings, we do not insure these.

On this page you can also find out the following further information regarding insurance:

Making a claim

If you suffer damage and you want to make a claim on the Buildings Insurance Policy, you should complete the claim form (which can be found under Related Documents on the right hand side of this page) as soon as possible.

The completed claim form should then be sent to the insurance department at BCP Council, contact details below:

You will need to obtain 2 quotes for the required repairs and send these with your completed claim form, or as soon after as is possible.

Back to top


Contacting the insurance company directly

If you would like to speak to the insurance company (Zurich) directly, please contact:

  • Telephone: 01737 787787 

  • Email: newpropertyclaims@travelers.com 

  • Post: 

    Travelers Insurance Company Limited
    Commercial Claims
    61-63 London Road
    RH1 1NA

You will need to quote the Policy Number which can be found on the Summary of Cover (under the Related Documents on the right hand side of this page).

Back to top


Policy excess

There is a £100 excess on each and every claim apart from those for subsidence, which are subject to £1,000 excess.

Back to top 


If your home is empty for more than 30 days

Please be aware that your insurance cover will be affected if your home is empty for more than 30 days at a time. In such instances, you will not be covered for malicious damage, escape of water or theft.

If your property will be empty for an extended period, you are advised to let us know and how we can contact you if necessary. You should also make arrangements for someone to periodically check on the property.

Back to top


What about home contents insurance?

It is your responsibility to obtain appropriate home contents insurance, see our related article to the right of this page.

Back to top         



Rate this page
Go to...