Poole Housing Partnership Ltd
Emergency out of hours helpline 0800 50 60 50
RSS Feed A-Z of Services

New Severe Disability Premium Claims

Wheelchair clipart.jpg

From 27 January 2021, claimants who are currently in receipt of a Severe Disability Premium (SDP) or who have been entitled to SDP in the previous month, and need to put in a new claim for help with housing costs will need to claim Universal Credit. 

Up until then, claimants with SDP have been able to apply for Housing Benefit but, from this date, only people living in temporary or specified accommodation will be allowed to make new claims for working age Housing Benefit. People who are already claiming Housing Benefit will continue to do so – this change is only for NEW claims for help with housing costs.

This does not affect pension age claimants (if single or both partners are of state pension age), who can continue to claim Housing Benefit.

The PHP Your Money Team is happy to discuss any benefit entitlement before making any changes to benefits. You can call them on 0800 652 3900 or email: yourmoney@bcpcouncil.gov.uk

Go to...