Poole Housing Partnership Ltd
Emergency out of hours helpline 0800 50 60 50
RSS Feed A-Z of Services

EU settlement scheme

Eu settlement.jpg

What does it mean for me? 

If you are an EU citizen, you and your family members need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.

The EU Settlement Scheme allows you and your family members to get the immigration status you will need to continue to live, work and study in the UK. This status means that you continue to be eligible for:

  • Public services, such as healthcare and schools
  • Public funds and pensions
  • British citizenship, if you want to apply and meet the requirements

Who is eligible to apply?

You need to apply if you are an EU citizen or a non-EU family member of an EU citizen (including children), this includes those with a UK permanent residence document. You do not need to apply if you have indefinite leave to remain or enter, or you are an Irish citizen, but you can if you want to.

Visit GOV.UK to find out more about your rights in relation to the EU Settlement Scheme.

You need to be a resident in the UK by 31 December 20203 . If you have been a resident in the UK for five continuous years or more you will be eligible for settled status. If you have been a resident for less than five continuous years you will be eligible for pre-settled status.

You must not be a serious or persistent criminal, a threat to national security, or have a deportation order, exclusion order or exclusion decision against you.

When can I apply?

The EU Settlement Scheme is open and you have until 30 June 20217 to apply.

You can access the application online using a computer, tablet or mobile phone. Your application saves automatically, so if you want to, you can start and then complete it at another time. It is free to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Application guidance can be found on GOV.UK. Once you have read the guidance, you can start your application here


Go to...